Tuesday, March 12, 2013

DEMON TEMPTED

Tuesday Tantalizers is pleased to welcome Nikki Prince and her new Karmic Lust novel Demon TemptedWelcome, Nikki. Please give us a little tantalizer about your current release.
Demon Tempted is my current release. It is the second book in the Karmic Lust Series that I have
with Evernight Publishing. It’s an interracial paranormal set in modern times.

Will you share a little bit about yourself?
I’m a gamer, a full time mother and I work full time in the police department of a community college.

Are you a reader? What types of books do you like?
I’m definitely a reader. I love all types of romance books with the exception of sweet romance. Not to say those are bad stories…I just can’t read them at this point any more. I love spicy to erotic romances. I really have too many authors I like but here’s a few old school authors I loved: Rebecca Brendewyne, Bertrice Small and Johanna Lindsay.

Where do you write? What’s your creative space like?
I write anywhere I can.

What is your favorite writing tool?
My laptop.

You're a mom. What you need your surroundings to be like when you are writing? Do you need quiet?
I can write anywhere and at any time. Noise doesn’t bother me and I can multitask while writing.

What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you realize your dreams?
So many things, but being a writer and to be published was one of those things so I would say yes, I’ve realized my dream in some part and I’m thrilled.

What were you like in high school? Class clown? Nerd? Cheerleader type?
I was a mixture of class clown and nerd.

What’s your favorite theme park? Why?
I loved going to Great America as a child up in Northern California. It just holds great childhood memories.

Is there a secret you’d like to let readers know about you?
Nope…I’m an open book.

Tell us what you’re reading at the moment and what you think of it. Does your favorite
genre influence your writing?
Busy writing not reading anything right now. My genre does influence me though to see what trends are out there.

Do you have a favorite quote you’d like to share?
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

What a great quote! Who are your mentors or inspirations?
I’m inspired by all the writers before me.

What would you say is your most interesting writing quirk?
I like to multitask while I write; it helps me think the story out.

What’s the most challenging aspect of writing, and the most rewarding?
Most challenging aspect for me is the editing part. All of it is rewarding to me from start to finish.

Speaking of editing, how much editing do you do? And when and how do you know that the manuscript is ready? 
I edit as I write. Then edit when I’m done. Send it in and do the edits I’m sent.

What’s your favorite part of this whole writing process?
My favorite part is just writing the story and getting it done. All the rest is icing on the cake.

How do you develop your characters?
Usually I think of a story and the characters just come to me.

Are you a strict outliner, a pantser, or something in between?
I fly by the seat of my pants. I can’t outline, never been able to.

Okay, we're definitely hooked! Where can we buy Demon Tempted?
http://www/evernightpublishing.com
Amazon Kindle
Barnes & Noble Nook

Before we go, tell us a bit more about Nikki Prince.
Nikki Prince is a mother of two, who’s always had a dream to be a published author in the romance genre. Her passion lies in raising her children as readers, gaming, cooking, reading and her writing. Her mother can now breathe easy about the child who used to get in trouble because she was hiding books everywhere and reading when it wasn’t appropriate.

Nikki’s a multi-published author with several epublishing houses. She loves to write Interracial romances in all genres, but wants to let everyone know to not box her in, because there is always room for growth.

Nikki’s also a member of Romance Writers of America National chapter (http://www.rwa.org) and OCC/RWA local chapter (http://www.occrwa.org) and is a member of the board as Co-Programs Director. She is also a member of the online chapter Passionate Ink RWA.

Nikki, what if we haven't had enough yet? Where we can find more?
@authornprince
nikkiprince@writeme.com
http://www.authornikkiprince.com
http://www.facebook.com/AuthorNikkiPrince
http://www.goodreads.com/AuthorNikkiPrince

Nikki, thank you for being here. Readers, this is only the first part of Nikki's trove of information. Watch for Part II at a later date! And as always, happy hot and sexy reading!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Fantastic interview, ladies! I know so much more about Nikki now, even though she says she's an open book. LOL Best of luck with Demon Tempted!

Nya Rawlyns said...

Very nice interview, what a treat to get to know an author. Thanks!

ellaquinnauthor said...

Lovely interview, ladies. Nikki, I envy you being able to write around noise. I have to have quite. I tweeted.

Liza O'Connor said...

In envy you for being able to write. I barely find time to do my editings.

Anya Millar said...

Fun interview! As a mom and writer, I know how valuable being able to multitask is is... so glad you can because I do so enjoy your stories!

Best wishes for Demon Tempted!

KarenW said...

Loved the intervew. Good luck.

Daryl Devore said...

Great interview!