Monday, February 10, 2014

CANDY HEARTS

Some Like It Hotter is pleased to welcome back Elodie Parkes, introducing her new release Candy Hearts

Thank you for inviting me to the blog today with my new release romance books.

The Flower Box and Candy Hearts, are released very close together, February 7 and 14 by Hot Ink Press.

Contemporary, erotic romance, and without my usual twist of paranormal, fantasy or magic, I’ve enjoyed writing these love stories. They are both Valentine’s Day oriented stories, but can be read anytime. Although they fit into the category of erotic romance, because the bedroom door is open, they are classic romance stories with happy endings.

Author Interview:
Are you working on another book right now?
I’m working on three books, right now, a contemporary romance that has a mystery thread through it, a contemporary ménage romance, and a contemporary shifter romance.
Naturally, they are all erotic love stories, with HEA. I have to have that in my books
Why do you write the genre?
I want love in the world. I want soft sighs and whispers. I want care and understanding between people. (Utopia I know) I like happy endings. There are so few in real life, it seems to me, and so I write them. I write the hot sex that the characters would fall into when in a loving relationship. Not very politically correct I know, but my characters are physically beautiful (mainly) and I do that on purpose because humans like beauty, they aspire to it, and beautiful people are like flowers for me. They adorn the world with loveliness. Speaking as a heterosexual woman nothing is better than a gorgeous man with a sculpted body and lovely eyes for me. Mmm maybe trees, trees are great, the ocean, that’s fabulous too. Music, music lifts my soul. There you go I’m in love with beauty in general.
What do you enjoy most about writing?
I enjoy the way my characters become so real to me and their worlds that I create. It’s almost magic the way the story setting just unfolds for me. I can actually see the places in my mind. I see the place better than the faces of my characters. I hear my characters and know them, but often their face is not clear. Maybe that’s because I feel their heart and know that readers will assign a different face to them according to their imagination.
 What do you like the least?
Marketing. It’s so time consuming and quite soul destroying when you’d rather be writing. I always thought that publishers helped with marketing, that’s hardly true at all. (Smiles)
 Would you like to see any of your books as movies?
None of them. I’d be there fussing about the script staying true to the book, or the casting, especially the casting. (Laughs).
 What things do you like to do to relax?
I find writing relaxing, but I also like to get out into the countryside near where I live. I enjoy visiting the historic places across the country too. I read, watch movies and I love music. I’m often singing along with something as I drive.
 Do you have another job as well as writing?
Yes, I have to. I work for an antiques emporium.
 If you could have one super power in your existence, what would it be?
It would have to be healing.
 What makes you cry?
Cruelty. To people, but cruelty to animals is the worst for me. Animals are so innocent. When I see dogs that have been abused I always cry, because I know dogs feel the same emotions as humans. It’s the same for any animal I see that’s been abused, I just weep. Many animals have been assigned lesser status than human beings and now scientists are discovering they are highly intelligent, communicative, highly sensed beings in the same way humans are.
 What makes you laugh?
Not a lot these days (smiles)
 If money were no object, where would you most like to live?
I live in the country I want to, maybe I’d move down the coast to Cornwall or Devon where the surf coast is.
 What kind of car would you have if money was no object?
I have the car I want. I’m a Jeep person and always drive them.
 What’s your favorite food?
Fruits and potatoes, (cooked any way.)
 Favorite color?
I have two I love, oh wait three, blue, purple and green. (All the shades of each) I love color.
 Can you think of a song or piece of music that could be your theme tune?
I used to say Coldplay: Speed of Sound, now I think maybe its Primitive Radio God, ‘Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand’
One half verse sticks in my mind so vividly,
A life is time, they teach us growing up
The seconds ticking killed us all
A million years before the fall
I feel we are bound by time, societally constructed time, and it’s so controlling and restrictive.
 Just answer these questions as quickly as possible.
Chocolate or vanilla?
Neither, I like lemon and orange
Dog or cat?
Dog and cat and horse and there’s an owl in the woods near where I live that I’m fond of.
The film or the book?
both (sorry)
Jeans or skirt?
jeans, but sometimes little black dress
Beach or Snow resort?
countryside and beach
Heels or flats?
Boots, depends where I’m going if they are heeled or flat
Stockings or pantyhose?
Stockings, love them
Top or bottom?
Er…both if I can get it…
Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?
Thank you for reading my books. I write from the heart so you get a piece of it every time you read one of my stories. (Smiles)
*****
Character Interview: 
Meet Tom from Candy Hearts
Hi Tom, thanks for coming along today.
 Tom: Hello. Great to be here.
So Tom tell us about the story you star in.
Tom: Candy Hearts is a love story. It’s my story too, of how I changed my life and why. It’s sexy and the reader sees into the love scenes. I love all of it. I love the ending, but then I would. I can’t tell you why because it would be a spoiler.
What about that particular setting, how important is it to the story?
Tom: Oh, there wouldn’t be a story if it wasn’t set on the surf coast, or the hotel, so it’s crucial.
Tell us something about behind the scenes of the story. I’m sure the author won’t mind.
Tom: Well I hope she doesn’t. I know the title changed. Candy Hearts came after the author had written the story under the working title, A Piece of my Heart. She changed it because of the ending I know that. (grins) She changed the name of my ex-girlfriend too from Susie to Amber. I think that’s because there’s a Susie in one of her other stories.
What can you tell us about your love interest in the story? I know you don’t want to tell us her name.
Tom: That’s for a good reason. So about her. She’s sexy, sophisticated, clever. I love her and thank heaven she loves me too. She’s unusual, when she shows up in one of her lovely dresses it makes my heart flip.
Tom choose one of your favorite parts of the story for an excerpt.
Tom: That will be hard since I like all of it. I’ll choose something sexy. (smiles)

Excerpt from Candy Hearts 18+

Serena unbuttoned her coat, dropping it onto the sofa back. She went into the kitchen and flipped on the lights at the switch on the wall. They lit up a small balcony as well as the kitchen. Serena looked around. The place was gleaming. She grinned. I bet he cleaned it up in case I came around. She looked out of the glass door onto the balcony. A small white metal table and a solitary chair were out there next to a palm tree in a big blue pot. She smiled.

She turned intending to go to Tom. As she walked, she opened her dress at the side zip and pulled it over her head. She dropped it onto a chair as she passed and kicked off her high heels there.
She opened the first door in the hall. It was the bathroom. The shower stall was at the end of the room, a double shower with clear glass sides and white wall tiles. Tom was under the spray.
He must have heard her come into the bathroom or sensed it because he looked right at her immediately. His gaze was compelling. She stepped toward him.

The glass was only semi misted. He looked enticing, his muscled body even more impressive wet. His pubic hair and cock drew her eyes from his hard stomach. Serena took off her bra and panties as he watched. She rolled her stockings down to take them off.

Tom slid the door along.

Serena stepped inside. “I hope you don’t mind me joining you.”

He shook his head and held out his arms.

Serena went into them.

They stood crushed together under the warm water. It coursed down her shoulders.

Tom kissed her, gently and lovingly.

She molded to his body, her arms around his neck and kissed him hungrily.

He surfaced to breathe. “You’re beautiful.”

His whispered words teased her lips. It was exotic to have his wet skin against hers and she ran her hands along his body, her eyes closed, and her mouth open to his tongue.

His hands travelled over her hips, down her thighs. He trailed his fingers up her body and cupped her breasts. Then he raised her arms above her head and held her hands there with one hand as he kissed her and stroked between her legs, a gentle teasing that brought a drench of wetness to her pussy.

Serena liked being under his control and moaned against his mouth as she rocked her hips to his hand so that her pussy slipped along his palm. She murmured his name and smiled a little against his lips.
  
Find links to buy February 7, The Flower Box and February 14, Candy Hearts on Elodie’s blog on release days.

About the author:
Elodie Parkes is a British author writing romance, erotic, contemporary, and often with a twist of mystery, paranormal or suspense. Her books are always steamy, cool stories and hot love scenes.
Elodie lives in Canterbury with her two dogs. She works in an antique shop by day and writes at night, loving the cloak of silent darkness that descends on the rural countryside around her home.
She has also released titles as an individual indie author.




1 comment:

Elodie Parkes said...

Hi Christi,
Thank you for hosting me and Tom on the blog today. Lovely to see you again. :-)