Saturday, July 26, 2014

AEONIAN KISS





AEONIAN KISS by Nicki Scalise

Revenants in Purgatory Book 2


What happens to the dead when they die? Do they go to Heaven? To Hell? On a luxury cruise?

It wasn’t a question Olivia Brennan ever thought to ask. After all, once you've been to Hell and back, how much worse can things get? Her harrowing descent has already cost her everything - her home, her career, the man she loves. But when an enemy resurfaces looking to settle a score, she learns there’s more to lose than she ever imagined.

Purgatory harbors more secrets than the depths of Hell, and Olivia has landed smack dab in the middle of their tangled web. Faced with an impossible choice, she must reach into the darkest parts of her soul for the strength she needs to save everyone she loves. But even if she succeeds, will she ever be the same again?

Maybe some questions are better left unanswered. If there’s one thing experience has taught her, it’s that the universe loves to kick her ass.
As we lay together listening to the clock tick and the deliverymen going in and out of my new place, something inside me started to hurt, too. I tried to wipe away an unexpected tear as it danced down my cheek. I'd always known I needed Devon, but until that very moment, I'd never fully understood how much he needed me in return. My heart ached thinking about the pain he must have suffered in my absence. Just imagining losing him made me want to hold on and never let go again.

Even though I was still very much in love with Drake, as I lay there with Devon, I realized there would always be a part of my heart that was his and his alone. No man would ever be able to touch it or steal it away. That part of my heart wished we were more than friends. The little part knew we were perfect for each other and hated any woman he was with because she wasn't me. That part of me knew — with one hundred percent certainty — that in another life, there would be more to us than just a platonic love. 

I believe sometimes it's possible to have a relationship with someone that transcends being friends or lovers. It's something more tangible, and only the two people in that relationship understand it, yet neither could ever explain it to an outsider. It's the very definition of beauty and peace.
 
It was him.
It was me.
It was us.
He was my Devon and I was his Olivia. He was my butt munch. I was his dork face. He was the love of my other life, and I, the love of his.





Prayer for the Dead
Revenants in Purgatory Book 1

FREE JULY 26TH-28TH





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post!
-Nicki